Saturday, December 3, 2011

"The Whiskey Economy," Collaborative Project w/ Sean O'Neill, from Summer '11 in WA.

Since there's much more to be said about this last summers collaborative music project, "The Whiskey Economy," I'm just going to post some of the raw videos for now, and leave the blurbs that they were originally posted with. More to come, more to come!

"Okay Enough"

 So this is one of my personal favorites of our work in the past few  months, and its also the first song I attempted to write...  Unfortunately, this recording is not only unflattering, but in this  quick run through, I really lacked the lyrical punch that this song is  normally emphasized by. I suppose for now though, It's "Okay Enough..."  ENJOY, and please pass these modest little pieces around like.. well,  whatever it is you kids pass around now'a days

"Machines Are Coming (Take Off Your Clothes)"

 Me  and Sean O'Neill had the privilege of playing at the Trout Lake Country  Inn last night! I don't remember much, but I think it went well lol...  For the majority of my peoples out there who probably missed it, heres a  raw recording of "Machines!"

"Fuck My Life"

Another  very raw yet very fun soon-to-be Whiskey Economy classic. It is also a  very appropriate Monday song... So here's "Fuck My Life." Next time your  in a shit mood, put a smile on and sing about it. More to come,  hopefully in a better quality format, but first things first...

"Straight Lounge"

"STRAIGHT  LOUNGE," is an attempt to describe my recent experiences living in a  rural mountain town, through an urban perspective. It was written in  effort to find a common ground between two completely different  lifestyles. It was also a way to pay homage to my experiences in Trout  Lake, because whether you say the life was "absolutely magnificent,"  "superb," "baller," "pimptastic," or "straight up gangsta," we all  essentially mean the same damn thing... (What ISN'T straight gangsta',  was having to record the damn thing in me and Sean's room in the  Lodge-Pole Cabins on the ranger compound, but oh well, all the more  reason to re-record an amazing music video for this in the future)

"Pick Up Truck"

 "Pick Up Truck," is the second song me and Sean O'Neill came up with  last summer for our music project, "The Whiskey Economy." It is a song  about my magnificent summer in Trout Lake, WA, all the amazing people I  met, and of course, all the good times we had hanging out in the back of  the pick up truck. Six months later when all was said and done, I was  left with a raw version of the song recorded via laptop, a plethora of  photographs, and the desire to share this heartfelt song with my  friends. Here's what I came up with for a video...
SPECIAL THANKS to  Maggie Wallace for helping me with some back up vocals on this tune.  People liked 'Pick Up' too much for me to not sing- but as I have  learned from the numerous songs I've been working on since then, this  one is not quite within my vocal capacity. None the less, it is a fun  and very meaningful song for me, so thanks to Maggie for helping me make  it a bit prettier, and of course, Sean O'Neill for helping me turn  allot of scattered words and sour notes on paper, into a beautiful  song...

No comments: