Friday, October 2, 2009

New Spaghetti Composition!








What can I say, I just cant stop with the spaghetti art. So much of my other work is so very different than this, but what the hell, if I enjoy doing it, what more justification should I need? Of course as a professional artist, its much more complex than all that in my head- but does it need to be? Can art validly JUST be pretty? I find alot more than just that in my thoughts as I make these pieces, but maybe most valuable to me, is the solitude I find when engaging in these precise compositions. This variation of my 'spaghetti series' in particular, brings me back to perspective drawing, and as always with my spaghetti pieces, I can't get over how cheap it is to make such beautiful pieces using only superglue and spaghetti. Sure, maybe its no breakthrough in contemporary conceptual art- but give it some time!